Men’s hat is an important closet item. Choosing it correctly, you will complement your image and demonstrate your character traits. The small review of trends 2021 will help you choose the most appropriate hat.
I would like to point out that the hat, and headwear in general, today is a stylish detail for every taste, but in no way an obligation. I recommend certain headgear to each occasion, for example:
A straw hat will fit into a look with a Hawaiian shirt and bermuda shorts, will make a stylish look with a jacket or a seersucker suit. Panama hat, baseball cap and bucket hat will complement the sporty summer look.
In the classic hats the harmony of the fabric with the chosen jacket or coat is important. The color scheme should match the main shade of the outerwear or the colors of the pattern in the ornament.
It is important to remain yourself, so that all the details of the chosen style complement your character and interests in life.
The lines of fashion houses present men’s hats in a variety of styles. First of all, let’s talk about the classics, which remain a key trend.
Can there be anything more stylish than a men’s fedora hat? It has been at the peak of popularity since the 1930s, incredibly versatile. Man wearing a fedora hat can look like a refined English gentleman, a daring American gangster or exactly the same as the Italian “mafioso”. Such an accessory will add solidity or, on the contrary, make your image extravagant.
Hat-fedora, borsalino or trilby hat – no matter how old you are and no matter what you do, you will definitely choose your model.
Perhaps the most popular and versatile in terms of style is the fedora hat. It has a medium wide brim and a low top, the carcass. It, and other fedora hats are distinguished by the presence of two indentations on the sides of the crown and one on top of it. The fedora, depending on the color and decorations, is perfect for a classic suit and a voluminous knitted sweater, and for any attire in the currently fashionable hipster style.
Where to buy
Trilby hat with narrow brim is for daring modern young men. It is difficult to list all the options on what to wear this type of hat. Celebrities, for example, wear it with loose jeans and a white T-shirt. And you try to complement the classic jeans and a knitted pullover with a collar with this hat and the whole “case in a hat”! The attention of the opposite sex is guaranteed to you.
Where to buy
Have you ever met a man with a hat that caught your eye with his style and confident manner? You can be sure that he was wearing an accessory from the famous Italian brand Borsalino! Back in 1857, the Borsalino brothers in Italy founded the factory and the eponymous brand. It is considered the crown of the hat art.
Classic Borsalino hats are made of thin woolen tweed and impregnated with casein that has a powerful antibacterial effect. Borsalino hats were worn at one time by Alain Delon, Jean-Paul Belmondo and many Hollywood stars. If you allow yourself the luxury of shelling out a tidy sum to buy the original fedora or trilby from Borsalino brand, be sure that it will serve you for many years.
Borsalino official website here
Casual Hats 2021
The next popular style is casual. It adds freedom and extravagance to the image. Boho and retro should also be added here, which shows independence and carefree attitude.
Many people don’t know when and with what to wear a bucket hat, because it looks like a panama. You no longer need to be a rapper or a skateboarder to wear this marvel! Wear it with a casual jacket made of denim or other dense fabric, jeans and sneakers.
Where to buy
If the Dunhill brand suggested wearing a bucket hat, Versace complemented the relaxed casual style with a baseball cap! It should also be laconic: have a neutral color and a decor in the form of a large inscription or a brand logo.
Still in fashion are baseball caps with patches in the form of brand logos, car emblems, plant ornaments or abstractions.
Where to buy
The cousin of the baseball cap, the cap is a favorite headwear of western pop stars. They can be seen in this year’s spring Dolce & Gabbana shows. Wear the cap with a jacket made of dense material (tweed, wool or denim), a classic oxford shirt, cotton pants from and high boots.
Match the hat to your style and personality, then you will complete your look with a major note!
Where to buy
Fashionable men’s 2021 hats from the runway
How to choose a hat:
- The hat should generally match the color scheme of the closet, but it is not necessary to choose it exactly in tone.
- Oddly enough, most men look better with a hat on backwards. And to give the face a more open expression, you can slightly shift the hat to the back of the head or, conversely, push it to the forehead for mystery.
- It is customary to take off your hat indoors when seated – for example, in a movie, restaurant, hotel room or as a guest. But on public transport, in a post office or store, in lobbies and elevators, it is not necessary.
- In the past it was considered necessary to take off your hat in front of ladies and seniors. Nowadays it is not obligatory, but our upbringing does not allow us not to touch the brim of our hat when we meet men we know, and politeness requires us to raise it slightly when we meet women.
- There is no such thing as a man not wearing a hat. They don’t, and that’s that. If the hat doesn’t suit, try another style.
- Like a good suit, a good hat smoothes out too sharp facial features and emphasizes the insufficiently expressive ones. The main thing is that the hat should be in harmony with the face and the shape of the head, and not draw attention to itself. As the American singer Utah Phillips used to say, “Don’t wear a hat that has more personality than you do.”
- Again, just like a suit, the hat should be the right size. Too big will be blown away by the wind, and too small will put pressure on your temples and cause headaches. That’s why it’s better to try on hats rather than order them online.
- If you do buy a hat online, you need to know the circumference of your head. Well, and at the worst a little too tight hat can be stretched in the atelier (but at the risk of ruining it), and too wide a hat can be “reduced” by placing under the inner rim pieces of foam rubber.
- Felt retains heat well and is relatively resistant to moisture, so felt hats are especially good in the fall and spring. Of course, the hat will not save from a downpour, but it will withstand a little rain without problems. However, if the hat gets too wet, it can lose its shape, so you should dry it carefully at room temperature, putting the crown down. And without any hair dryers and heaters.
- Just as shoes are better stored on wooden pads, so for a good hat you should buy a special spacer. It will keep the shape and absorb excess moisture from the leather rim.