“Chernobyl” has the highest audience rating in the opinion of the largest databases of movie in the world IMDB.com. He’s ahead of “Game of thrones”, “the Sopranos” and “Sherlock”. What other TV shows the voice of the audience?
Our database IMDB.com existing since 1990-the year is about 4.7 million movies and TV shows and 8.3 million people, one way or another connected with the movie. For any picture, actor and character, you can vote on a scale from 1 to 10 on the basis of this information are generated viewer ratings: the best and the worst. So, the best film in history called “the Shawshank redemption” (1994, average rating of 9.2) with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, the worst – “the Unreal blockbuster” (2008, the average rating was 2.0) with Kim Kardashian.
What game (not a documentary) series? Talk about the top ten suddenly you missed something?
Chernobyl/Chernobyl, 2019 (rating: 9,6)
- Creator: Craig Of Main
- Director: Johan Renk
- Starring: Jared Harris, Jessie Buckley, Stellan of Skarsgard, Emily Watson.
- What? About the accident at the Chernobyl NPP in April 1986 in the smallest details.
Why watch? To create a strong story based on real events, the makers often rewrite these events and receive a cap. But “Chernobyl” – made with exceptional attention to detail: a study in the series so I can’t remember. Even those who noticed the inconsistencies, not put them in developers picture of guilt: here, for example, an interesting interview with a witness of events – Tula miner. Generally, critical reviews are mixed, but still often not just positive, but admiring. Because it is filmed really awesome!
For visuals answered Johan Renk is one of the most famous Directors of commercials and music videos. He is a musician himself. If you don’t understand why now all of a sudden rushed to revise the videos Stakka Bo (a pseudonym Johan Renka) — now you know.
“Chernobyl” strong, scary and very true (even in those moments where not quite). That is exactly what it should be cinema.
Brothers in arms/Band of Brothers 2001 (rating: 9,4)
- Producer: Steven Spielberg
- Directors: Tom Hanks, David Frankel
- Starring: Scott Grimes, Daniel Lewis, Ron Livingston
- What? Of the combat history of company E (“Easy”), 2nd battalion 506-th parachute regiment of the 101st airborne division of the United States, which took part in many important events of the Second World war.
Why watch: the series was produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, before work on the movie “Saving private Ryan” (1988). He received many awards, endorsed by the participants of military events, and not once named one of the most accurate films about the Second World war. Fact: some scenes were deleted from the script and even from the finished film, because witnesses of historical events questioned their credibility.
Trailer (in English):
Breaking bad/Breaking Bad, 2008 (rating: 9,4)
- Creator: Vince Gilligan
- Starring: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul
- What? School chemistry teacher Walter white is diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. To pay the bills, white’s together with his former student Jesse Pinkman begins producing and selling methamphetamine.
Why watch: the coolest story of a man caught in a desperate situation, brought all involved a bunch of awards, money (despite the fact that each episode costs $3 million) high ratings and recognition. For example, Anthony Hopkins (“silence of the lambs”) called the Role of Walter white, performed by Bryan Cranston the greatest work in the history of cinema, and Stephen king considers “breaking bad” best TV series of all time.
Want to say that so far it was not looking?
Game of thrones/Game of Thrones, 2011 (rating of 9.3)
- Creators: David Benioff and D. B. Weiss
- Starring: Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena heady, Emilia Clarke, kit Harington, Sophie Turner.
- What? The action takes place in a fantasy world and dedicated to the struggle of several influential houses for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms or independence from him.
What to watch: “Game of thrones”, based on the cycle of novels “a Song of ice and fire” by George R. R. Martin is perhaps the most talked about series of the year. Recently finished the last, eighth season, each episode of which cost $15 million the Final series only on the day of the premiere was watched by more than 19 million viewers. Many were dissatisfied with the outcome. So much so that I vote for to completely reshoot the final season. Currently have already signed the petition of 1.6 million people. You can still continue to juggle with numbers, but perhaps the point is clear: even if you’re not a fan movie in fantasy style, watch at least few episodes for sure worth it.
The wire/The Wire, 2002 (rating of 9.3)
- Creator: David Simon
- Starring: Dominic West, lance Reddick, Sonja Sleep
- What? Police drama, telling about the investigation of murders and drug cases.
Why watch: police dramas – million, but not everyone can boast of such attention to detail. The Creator of “the Wire” David Simon is a former journalist of the criminal chronicle. Based on his book Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets was created the TV series “Homicide”. But “the Wire” can be considered the standard police drama: she’s really nice, played and filmed.
Trailer (in English):
The Sopranos/The Sopranos 1999 (rating: 9,1)
- Creator: David Chase
- Starring: my goodness gracious., Lorraine Bracco
- What? Tony Soprano, mahogny boss of Northern new Jersey, trying to find a balance between work and family. He visits a therapist about panic attacks and panic is afraid that they’ll find out his colleagues in the mafia business).
Why watch: the series has received 113 awards, including five Golden globes. Shooting each series costs $2 million – at the time a huge sum for the series. Well, the steepness of Gandolfini James, who played a major role, it is still simply amazing.
Sherlock/Sherlock, 2010 (rating: 9,1)
- Creators: mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat
- Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Andrew Scott
- What? Based on the works of sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the action takes place in our days.
Why to watch: the creators of “Sherlock” famous for his work on “Doctor Who” and “Jekyll”. The series was not only bright-bold-dynamic, but also very stylish. The store chain Debenhams issued a coat like Sherlock’s, and Dolce & Gabbana collection, inspired by the series. Among other things, he has breathed new life into the classic image of Sherlock Holmes: the year of release of the first season the sales of books about the genius of deduction increased by 180%.
The Decalogue/Dekalog, 1989 (rating: 9,0)
- Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
- Starring: Arthur Burtis, Algirdas Lukashevich
- What? Ten drama films, each based on one of the ten commandments.
Why to watch: at least in order to understand how a series of old Polish TV films was in the rating between “Sherlock” and “Firefly”. Director Krzysztof Kieslowski is the winner of two nominations for “Oscar” (“Three colors: red”, 1994). Plus this is the case when the film has outgrown its Creator. Kieslowski himself had not invested in any of the biblical allusions and just wanted to get a few stories in different genres. But after the release of the series critics found parallel and generally decided that the main character in the movie angel.
Firefly/Firefly 2002 (rating: 9,0)
- Director: Joss Whedon
- Starring: Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk Morena of Baccarin, Adam Baldwin
- What? The story is set in the distant future, where people moved to a new star system; the action revolves around the crew of a spaceship class “Firefly”.
Why to watch: the fact that the series actually came out, a miracle. When the Fox had read a finished script in the genre of drama, we decided to change the concept. Creator Jess Widow in just two days I had to completely rewrite the script, making the drama space Western. However, the series was closed, and not showing completely: there were 11 episodes out of 14. The reason is that the ending seemed to be the production company too dark, but Whedon refused to change it. However, “Firefly” has already become a cult and get several awards. But alas, cult status is not a guarantee of commercial success. At the request of fans in 2005 came the sequel: the feature film “the Mission “serenity”, but it flopped at the box office. The story “Firefly” ended.
True detective/True Detective, 2014, (rating: 9,0)
- Creator: Nick Pizzolatto
- Director: Cary Fukunaga
- Starring: woody Harrelson, Matthew McConaughey, Michelle Monaghan.
- What? Detectives investigating a brutal murder; the action develops simultaneously in the present and the past.
Why watch: for the first season the writers Universities today learn to write a detective story. From a dramaturgic point of view it is almost perfect. And what sort of role woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey!
A list of 250 most popular TV series of the 250 most popular TV series (including documentaries and animation).