The dermatologist told what to do if burned by the sun and overheated.
Relax on the beach under the warm sunshine – a great way to relax. However, if you do not follow safety rules, you can get a sunburn. Which means that the whole vacation will be spoiled.
– At the first sign of burn should urgently take steps, as the degree of damage at first glance is rather difficult to determine, – said the dermatologist Irina Chaikina.
The doctor gave some recommendation tips for your safety:
- Hide in the shadows, and even better, go to a cool room.
- Then feel your inner state: headache, dizziness, nausea, and maybe you start to freeze.
- If at least one of the symptoms is observed, then immediately contact your physician, so it may be heat stroke. In the presence of burns, the situation may worsen.
- If you feel fine, then take a shower. Water needs to be customized to room temperature.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration, but she should not be ice.
- For acute pain can have a pain reliever.
- If despite these precautions you still feel bad in the next few days it is better not to be under direct sunlight. Give the body time to recover.
Irina Chaikina explains that the treatment of sunburn it is best to trust the doctor, because only a specialist can determine his degree, and assign the appropriate treatment. As a rule, the patient is prescribed vitamins A, C and E. They will help to quickly restore skin. With severe pain will cope: ibuprofen, dipyrone and paracetamol. From redness and itching will help to get rid of antihistamines.
See also: 7 tips for vacationers at sea: how not to spoil your holiday